Dear patients and friends,
As COVID-19 dominates the headlines and our minds, it’s good to take a step back, breathe, and remember that we’re not helpless in its path. Our clinic is launching various ways in which we can support you and your loved ones through this COVID-19 pandemic:
- Phone or telehealth visits along with in-office physician visit on as needed basis.
- One-on-one support for COVID-19: send us whatever questions you might have related to science-based best-practice interventions for COVID-19. Do you need supplements and you can not find them in the store? call us and will help you place orders through Wellevate as long as supplies will last.
- News and education: For ongoing, sensible information about staying sane and healthy amidst the chaos, follow us on Instagram, Facebook and newsletters .We will be posting regular updates. And we will also host QA webinars discussing the most important topics
- Stop by for a sample of Thieves essential oil or ask us how you can order asap – extremely helpful for immunity (diffuse, apply, use as a cleaner and sanitizer). If not we will post similar essential oil recipes.
Here is a quick summary:
COVID-19, the viral disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, is a global pandemic
- This is a novel virus in the human population with no native immunity which means we are all susceptible.
- It will get worse before it gets better and at this point some projections show that we might be dealing with it for the next 12-18 months. It may die down over the summer but could roar back in the fall as did the Spanish Flu of 1918. There are already some reports that Singapore and South Korea are seeing some new spikes in cases after the initial quiet down.
- It is easily transmissible and can survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours, some say longer.
- People are infectious and can transmit the virus from 2 days to 14 days after exposure.
- The virus is easily killed with antibacterial cleaning agents including alcohol, bleach, and hydrogen peroxide.
- The most at risk are those with a chronic disease, those over 70 years old, health care workers, and those on immunosuppressive medicine like used for autoimmune disease, cancer, and transplant rejection
- It affects older, sicker individuals, but even young healthy people can be affected (except, it seems, children, although they can be carriers).
- The typical symptoms are fever, cough, and fatigue but not a runny nose. IF febrile avoid using NSAIDS-medications like motrin, advil or naproxen apparently can worsen the course of the disease
The disease affects the lungs leading to respiratory failure in severe cases and death may be caused by a cytokine storm or massive burst of inflammation (see below for how this may be addressed). It does this by inhibiting the production of surfactant by the lungs (which keeps airways open).
- Death rates are highest in those with chronic disease (diabetes, heart disease, cancer, lung diseases, smokers, elderly (about 15% over 80 years old) so now it is the time to time to start working on those conditions.
- LET ME REPEAT THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION BESIDE PREVENTING INFECTION IS HELPING YOUR BODY FIGHT THIS.AND JUST TAKING VITAMIN C OR ELDERBERRY MIGHT NOT BE ENOUGH.YOU NEED TO CONTROL THAT BLOOD SUGAR, CLEAN UP THAT DIET, CONTROL THE STRESS.EVEN STARTING NOW WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A WEEK.
Let’s start talking about how we all can become healthier now, start a week of detox diet, learn about strengthening your gut and your immune system let’s fight this together!