Integrative medicine combines effective strategies and therapies from multiple methods of healing, both conventional and alternative. At its heart, this type of patient care focuses on the true problem, not just the related symptoms and effects. Accordingly, our goal is to discover the root cause (or causes) of whatever issues you are experiencing, then we concentrate our efforts there.
Unfortunately in today’s culture, we are inundated by the media and advertising worlds with images of pharmaceutical panaceas and quick-fix solutions. The message given is one of low effort and high reward; for example, we can be led to believe that by taking one pill a day we will be healed. However, this type of treatment is not likely going to be a successful course of action for you.
At Medical Creations Integrative Medicine, we offer another path, take the first step towards a healthier you now!
The first appointment with a Functional Medicine physician must be done in-person at MCIM office in Atlanta. During an initial session with a patient, we cover everything from an extensive health background, to innovative lab testing and nutrition consultations and together, we create a plan.
Follow-up appointments may take place in person or remotely via phone.
Here is a list with some of the conditions treated at our clinic:
- Athletic performance
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Adrenal and thyroid support
- Brain health (focus, cognition, memory)
- Cancer Prevention and support
- Chronic Fatigue
- Depression and Anxiety
- Detoxification and Healing (chemical sensitivities, history of toxin exposure)
- Digestive Disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux)
- Environmental and Food Allergies or Asthma
- Female Disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS)
- Healthy Aging and Weight
- Heart Health and cholesterol
- Hormonal imbalances
- Metabolic Syndrome, Pre-Diabetes, Diabetes, Insulin Resistance
- Migraines and Headaches
Here are the steps we usually follow:
- Find the right diet for you
- Remove food allergens or sensitivities
- Fix the gut
- Optimize nutrient status
- Balance hormones
- Support energy metabolism and mitochondria
- Enhance detoxification
- Mind-body techniques and balance neurotransmitters
- Look for hidden infections
Some of our signature programs:
Adrenal support based on Kalish Method validated by Mayo Clinic
Thyroflex testing and hormone replacement for the thyroid
Brain health program based on Amen Clinic and Dale Bredesen curriculum
Medical weight loss program