Here we go again, allergy season is here!
And with that all those annoying symptoms…By now if you are working with our practice you should feel much better and well prepared to fight this. I still like to remind you of one of the most important steps: allergy-proof your life!
Here is how:
- Place pillows in the dryer on high heat for 20 minutes and wash linens in hot water weekly.
- Vacuum weekly preferably with a HEPA filter vacuum and purchase at least one portable HEPA air filter for your rooms.
- Clean your windows or shelves with a green, chemical free product or a wet cloth weekly.
- Buy houseplants-great, beautiful natural air filters.
- Invest in a humidifier-will keep your sinuses moist and less irritated and your skin glowing.
- Candles can be a big problem but if you find the soy or beeswax candles you might be able to tolerate them easier.
- Keep your pets and their litter box clean.
- Wash hands, avoid touching your face, eat local honey or bee pollen and try nasal irrigation-I know it sounds scary but it is easy and very effective (do not forget to use filtered water).
- Wear a mask when cleaning the home and taking care of pets.
- Ask us about our ‘’Fight the allergy’’ program and let’s get you ready for the season!
To your health,
Dana Neacsu, MD